Re: [Authentic_SCA] New website: raised-heel shoes

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
      Quoting glaukopisathene <phoenissa@...>:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > If I may take a minute to brag :-) I'd like to direct the attention of
      > interested parties to a new website on chopines, pantoufles, and other
      > raised shoes (mostly late-16th-c European). My too-talented beloved
      > put together this site to showcase his research and craftsmanship.
      > For anyone interested in how chopines and their relatives are
      > constructed, there's plenty of good information here (and pretty
      > pictures, too)!
      >
      > http://aands.org/raisedheels/

      Nifty keen! I can't wait till he gets pictures up -- I'm a visual
      learner, and I know so little about period shoes anyway, that I *need*
      to see illos!

      Give him a hug ...

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      University of Tennessee
    • Margaret Northwode
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        ::reads::

        ...and now I want a bench-grinder for Christmas, too.

        Sigh,
        Margaret Northwode
        ...and Amazon gift cards, and a router, and a table saw, and a jigsaw, and a
        couple of sanders, and a lathe.

      • wodeford
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          I really need to get pictures of these with the hanao put on, but in
          the meantime, this my first pair of geta.
          http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wodeford/album?.dir=119cscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

          Jehanne de Wodeford who is sometimes Saionji no Hanae
          West Kingdom
        • m d b
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
            > http://aands.org/raisedheels/
            >
            > Ok, I'm done with my shameless advertising now. Enjoy!

            Thank you so much for the heads up and thank you to your beloved as
            well for sharing!;)

            I have been thinking about making a pair of cork soled shoes as they
            are wonderfully appropriate to my persona (there is an accounts book
            which lists them) and this has made it actually seem possible:)

            *adds to list of accessories for next year...*

            Willemyne
            http://glittersweet.com