New website: raised-heel shoes

  • glaukopisathene
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      If I may take a minute to brag :-) I'd like to direct the attention of
      interested parties to a new website on chopines, pantoufles, and other
      raised shoes (mostly late-16th-c European). My too-talented beloved
      put together this site to showcase his research and craftsmanship.
      For anyone interested in how chopines and their relatives are
      constructed, there's plenty of good information here (and pretty
      pictures, too)!

      http://aands.org/raisedheels/

      Ok, I'm done with my shameless advertising now. Enjoy!

      Vittoria
    • Lady_Lark_Azure
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        Those chopines are beautiful. Of course, I'd be almost 7 feet tall if
        I wore them, but they're still great. The pantoufles on the other
        hand are appropriate to my persona and not too high. I'll have to
        find a source for cork that's long enough.

        Thanks for posting this.

        Isabeau
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          Quoting glaukopisathene <phoenissa@...>:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > If I may take a minute to brag :-) I'd like to direct the attention of
          > interested parties to a new website on chopines, pantoufles, and other
          > raised shoes (mostly late-16th-c European). My too-talented beloved
          > put together this site to showcase his research and craftsmanship.
          > For anyone interested in how chopines and their relatives are
          > constructed, there's plenty of good information here (and pretty
          > pictures, too)!
          >
          > http://aands.org/raisedheels/

          Nifty keen! I can't wait till he gets pictures up -- I'm a visual
          learner, and I know so little about period shoes anyway, that I *need*
          to see illos!

          Give him a hug ...

          jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...
          University of Tennessee
        • Margaret Northwode
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
            ::reads::

            ...and now I want a bench-grinder for Christmas, too.

            Sigh,
            Margaret Northwode
            ...and Amazon gift cards, and a router, and a table saw, and a jigsaw, and a
            couple of sanders, and a lathe.

          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
              I really need to get pictures of these with the hanao put on, but in
              the meantime, this my first pair of geta.
              http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wodeford/album?.dir=119cscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

              Jehanne de Wodeford who is sometimes Saionji no Hanae
              West Kingdom
            • m d b
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
                > http://aands.org/raisedheels/
                >
                > Ok, I'm done with my shameless advertising now. Enjoy!

                Thank you so much for the heads up and thank you to your beloved as
                well for sharing!;)

                I have been thinking about making a pair of cork soled shoes as they
                are wonderfully appropriate to my persona (there is an accounts book
                which lists them) and this has made it actually seem possible:)

                *adds to list of accessories for next year...*

                Willemyne
                http://glittersweet.com