Re: [Authentic_SCA] Head wrapping

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      Quoting "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn" <malvoisine@...>:

      > Greetings all,
      > I've just been going through the archives because I've lost a link &
      > can't find it....
      >
      > I know someone posted a website for doing medieval head wraps (not
      > really what you call it....), anyone know of what I am speaking? Your
      > basic take a rectangle or triangle do this and voila, you look like
      > you stepped from the wheat field in the Duc du Barry's Heures....
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated (I'm trying to keep someone from
      > buying a hat from Renstore.....)

      It's not detailed on how to wrap it (at least not with pictures), but
      here's one that I have bookmarked
      http://katerina.purplefiles.net/garb/diaries/Kat's%20Turban.htm

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      University of Tennessee
    • Lia de Thornegge
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        On 11/1/06, Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn <malvoisine@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings all,
        > I've just been going through the archives because I've lost a link &
        > can't find it....
        >
        > I know someone posted a website for doing medieval head wraps (not
        > really what you call it....), anyone know of what I am speaking? Your
        > basic take a rectangle or triangle do this and voila, you look like
        > you stepped from the wheat field in the Duc du Barry's Heures....
        >
        > Toujours a vos ordres,
        > Margaret Hepburn

        Greetings Margaret,

        I'm not sure if this is the one you were after, but the 2004 Drachenwald
        Kingdom University had a class about 14th and 15th century headcoverings
        given by Countess Eszabella. The pictures are online at the hosting shire's
        webpage:
        http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2dSam-womanhairdress/index1.html

        There is also the 11th - 12th century veils class from the same event
        documented:
        http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2eSam-veils/index1.html

        In service,
        Lia
        --
        -'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~
        Lady Lia de Thornegge

      • Lia de Thornegge
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
          On 11/2/06, Lia de Thornegge <lia.thornegge@...> wrote:

          > University had a class about 14th and 15th century headcoverings given by
          > Countess Eszabella. The pictures are online at the hosting shire's webpage:
          >
          > http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2dSam-womanhairdress/index1.html
          >
          > There is also the 11th - 12th century veils class from the same event
          > documented:
          >
          > http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2eSam-veils/index1.html

          Shame on me! I was not, in fact, Eszabella who held the first 14th -15th
          century headcoversing class, it was Maestra Eufemia! I was however right on
          the second class, those veils were the works of HE Eszabella.

          Much chagrined,
          Lia