Head wrapping

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      Greetings all,
      I've just been going through the archives because I've lost a link &
      can't find it....

      I know someone posted a website for doing medieval head wraps (not
      really what you call it....), anyone know of what I am speaking? Your
      basic take a rectangle or triangle do this and voila, you look like
      you stepped from the wheat field in the Duc du Barry's Heures....

      Any help would be greatly appreciated (I'm trying to keep someone from
      buying a hat from Renstore.....)

      Toujours a vos ordres,
      Margaret Hepburn
    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        Quoting "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn" <malvoisine@...>:

        > Greetings all,
        > I've just been going through the archives because I've lost a link &
        > can't find it....
        >
        > I know someone posted a website for doing medieval head wraps (not
        > really what you call it....), anyone know of what I am speaking? Your
        > basic take a rectangle or triangle do this and voila, you look like
        > you stepped from the wheat field in the Duc du Barry's Heures....
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated (I'm trying to keep someone from
        > buying a hat from Renstore.....)

        It's not detailed on how to wrap it (at least not with pictures), but
        here's one that I have bookmarked
        http://katerina.purplefiles.net/garb/diaries/Kat's%20Turban.htm

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        University of Tennessee
      • Lia de Thornegge
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
          On 11/1/06, Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn <malvoisine@...>
          wrote:

          > Greetings all,
          > I've just been going through the archives because I've lost a link &
          > can't find it....
          >
          > I know someone posted a website for doing medieval head wraps (not
          > really what you call it....), anyone know of what I am speaking? Your
          > basic take a rectangle or triangle do this and voila, you look like
          > you stepped from the wheat field in the Duc du Barry's Heures....
          >
          > Toujours a vos ordres,
          > Margaret Hepburn

          Greetings Margaret,

          I'm not sure if this is the one you were after, but the 2004 Drachenwald
          Kingdom University had a class about 14th and 15th century headcoverings
          given by Countess Eszabella. The pictures are online at the hosting shire's
          webpage:
          http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2dSam-womanhairdress/index1.html

          There is also the 11th - 12th century veils class from the same event
          documented:
          http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2eSam-veils/index1.html

          In service,
          Lia
          --
          -'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~-'*'-~
          Lady Lia de Thornegge

        • Lia de Thornegge
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
            On 11/2/06, Lia de Thornegge <lia.thornegge@...> wrote:

            > University had a class about 14th and 15th century headcoverings given by
            > Countess Eszabella. The pictures are online at the hosting shire's webpage:
            >
            > http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2dSam-womanhairdress/index1.html
            >
            > There is also the 11th - 12th century veils class from the same event
            > documented:
            >
            > http://www.sca-austria.org/photos/shire/2004uni/photos/2eSam-veils/index1.html

            Shame on me! I was not, in fact, Eszabella who held the first 14th -15th
            century headcoversing class, it was Maestra Eufemia! I was however right on
            the second class, those veils were the works of HE Eszabella.

            Much chagrined,
            Lia