fencing garb for women...

  • Johanna von Nurnberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      I agree that fencing in ankle length is really not bad at all. It's
      long enough to cover you and shouldn't get under your feet. As to what
      to wear underneath I tend to wear either knee length pants,if it's
      cold,or just normal underwear. The reasoning for this is that one of
      the layers I wear is a long(midthigh)linen shirt and boots that reach
      above my knees be several inches so there isn't much that's not covered
      by at least one layer. I really recommned the tall boots,by the
      way.They're way later period but they are great protection and you can
      wear them under a skirt or with pants. Also the ones I got were only 45
      dollars for ful length leather ones. They're also terrific for wars
      where it's dirty or colder events. A layer of leather is a great
      insulator. The skirt pattern I used is reminiscent of a riding
      skirt,with four gores/sections which allow a fitted waist to go
      smoothly under you doublet and still have fullness at the hem for swish.
      Hope this helps.
      yours,
      Johanna