A philosophy of learning...

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2006
      Someone on Sword Forum International posted a comment about learning
      an art. Specifically about martial arts, but I think it applies just
      as well to anything we strive to do better at.

      In brief, he compared learning to sculpting a sphere out of a block of
      wood, by knocking off one corner at a time. Every time you knock off
      a corner, though, you create three more. You keep at it, and
      eventually someone comments about what a nice sphere you have, but all
      you can see are thousands of corners.

      Just a random thought that seemed appropriate to my own feelings of
      trying to be authentic in the SCA and to learn more about various
      cultures.

      -Ii/E.