That's a lot of hats!

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2006
      I picked up a Sotheby's catalog (1/13&15, 1992) and in it was a rather good tapestry, lot #499. It is a Brussel's early 16thC biblical tapestry, and in it most of the men are wearing two hats apiece. Other men are wearing or holding solitary hats, and a couple are apparently bareheaded. None of the doubles are being worn over coifs.

      So, does anyone have a clue as to why?

    • Adele de Maisieres
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2006
        Park McKellop wrote:
        > I picked up a Sotheby's catalog (1/13&15, 1992) and in it was a rather good tapestry, lot #499. It is a Brussel's early 16thC biblical tapestry, and in it most of the men are wearing two hats apiece. Other men are wearing or holding solitary hats, and a couple are apparently bareheaded. None of the doubles are being worn over coifs.

        Two hats are better than one?

        --
        Adele de Maisieres

        Habeo metrum - musicamque,