Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Book Review - Power and Profit: The Merchant in Medieval Europe

  • Marion McNealy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2006
      Johanna,
      My persona's is from there as well, so I've done a lot of research on that town. Steven Ozment is a history professor at Harvard and has written many non-fiction books using extant family archives and letters from people in the town. If you haven't read any of his books I highly recommend them. That's one of the benefits of focusing on Nuremburg, a lot of artwork and letters survived, so its a much easier place to research than other towns.

      -Marion (aka Sophia Kress, traveling merchants wife from Nuremberg)

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2006
        For 20 bucks, you got a good deal.
        I read it this summer; was a bit disappointed in the relative scarcity
        of info about early period (i.e., before 13th century) But the
        illustrations are great.

        Deroch