Re: dreded

  • Francesca Tiepolo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
      Greetings,

      I have seen some persona's using a combination of veil/hat and hairpieces to complement their persona. I don't think you should worry about your modern hair so much when it comes to picking a persona. Even with dreds tucked into a snood or under a veil you are still attempting to keep within the period.

      My persona would see most of her counterparts with bleached hair & I really don't see that happening in my modern life. My friend has an Indian persona and she has red hair. She has a period hair style for her persona but most certainly the colour won't fool anyone - but she decided the wig wasnt for her.

      I would suggest to go with whatever makes you comfortable.

      YIS

      Francesca Tiepolo

    • katherinethrockmorton
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "xxso_glad_for_the_madnessxx"
        <xxso_glad_for_the_madnessxx@...> wrote:

        > I have red hair, and its all in messy dredlocks. My question is, what
        > cultures/time periods did women have hair that was dredded or braided
        > or whatever you want to call it?

        Dredlocks were worn in India in various times and places during the
        SCA period, especially by Savite acestics.

        Assuming that you want to be European, I would suggest finding a time
        period where women wore veils that covered their hair completely.

        -Katherine