Re: dreaded

  • The Dark Lady
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      > I have red hair, and its all in messy dredlocks. My
      > question is, what
      > cultures/time periods did women have hair that was
      > dredded or braided
      > or whatever you want to call it? First I was
      > thinking scots or picts

      I can't speak to other cultures, but Pictish and early
      Scottish women did not have dreadlocks. We have combs,
      depictions of combs, and depictions of women with
      long, flowing (uncovered) hair from the Pictish
      period, but nothing that looks like dreads.

      ~Eithni

      When he has obtained those things which are necessary to life, there is another alternative than to obtain the superfluities; and that is, to adventure on life now, his vacation from humbler toil having commenced. ---Thoreau

      http://mail.yahoo.com