Books on strategy, tactics, etc for a 15th C. Soldier

  • Julian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006
      Gentles of the List,
      For a literate late-15th C. Man at Arms who wished to study military
      history to learn his trade, with a view to commanding, - what writings
      concerning the Arts of War would have been available for him to study?
      I already know of Froissart, Chandos, Vegetius, Tacitus, and Julius
      Caesar's "de bello Gallico".
      I would welcome referrals to other, pre-1490's authors who wrote
      concerning either their own past campaigns - or the arts of war in
      general.

      For The Light against The Darkness, & In Service to the Dream

      Matthew Baker,
      in "old" Jersey.