Re: [Authentic_SCA] Seams

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 22, 2006
      >What type of clothing-style and colors- were used in 8 - 9 century
      >Franks? Also what type of seams were used and any sites that show how
      >do to them? What information I have found about Franks doesn't give
      >much about clothing styles and colors.

      The only book that I am aware of is:
      Kleidung nach Quellen des frühen Mittelalters : Textilien und Mode von Karl
      dem Grossen bis Heinrich III by Mechthild Müller. Berlin: W. de Gruyter,
      2003. x, 337 p., 20 p. of plates : 80 ill. (some col.) ISBN3110172194

      But a good knowledge of German is essentual. Few illus.
      Detailed study examines textiles and costume during the Carolingian and
      Ottonian periods. Drawing on archaeological, documentary, literary and
      graphic sources, the study examines the clothing of men, women and the
      clergy, decoration, accessories, fabrics, weaving and the manufacture of
      clothing mostly in Germany between 800 and 1050. 337p, 10 col and 10 b/w pls

      Beth of Walnutvale
    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 22, 2006