Re: [Authentic_SCA] Rosaries in period?

  • Chris Laning
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
      Urtatim wrote:

      >At 7:42 PM +0000 06/09/06, Dawn wrote:
      >>Has anyone here done any research on rosaries in period?
      >>Links, articles, books and photos are all appreciated.
      >
      >Chris Laning (SCA Lady Christian de Holacombe) specializes in them.
      >See her websites:
      >http://paternoster-row.org
      >and
      >http://paternosters.blogspot.com

      Yes, that's one of my major areas of research, and if anyone has specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them. :)

      There are also some books recommended on the home page of the Paternoster-Row.org site; unfortunately, there isn't a lot written in English. A lot of the literature seems to be in German, especially the primary sources (such as they are).

      (Lady) Christian de Holacombe

      0 Chris Laning
      | <claning@...>
      + Davis, California