Re: [Authentic_SCA] Rosaries in period?

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
      At 7:42 PM +0000 06/09/06, Dawn wrote:
      >Has anyone here done any research on rosaries in period?
      >Links, articles, books and photos are all appreciated.

      Chris Laning (SCA Lady Christian de Holacombe) specializes in them.
      See her websites:
      http://paternoster-row.org
      and
      http://paternosters.blogspot.com

      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
        Urtatim wrote:

        >At 7:42 PM +0000 06/09/06, Dawn wrote:
        >>Has anyone here done any research on rosaries in period?
        >>Links, articles, books and photos are all appreciated.
        >
        >Chris Laning (SCA Lady Christian de Holacombe) specializes in them.
        >See her websites:
        >http://paternoster-row.org
        >and
        >http://paternosters.blogspot.com

        Yes, that's one of my major areas of research, and if anyone has specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them. :)

        There are also some books recommended on the home page of the Paternoster-Row.org site; unfortunately, there isn't a lot written in English. A lot of the literature seems to be in German, especially the primary sources (such as they are).

        (Lady) Christian de Holacombe

        0 Chris Laning
        | <claning@...>
        + Davis, California