Re: Introduction

  • Tony Basore; SCA persona-Ld High Adm Rob
    Message 1 of 113 , Sep 6, 2006
      MODERATOR'S NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT TOP POST! INCLUDING AN ENTIRE PREVIOUSLY POSTED MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR RESPONSE TO THE LIST IS NEITHER NECESSARY NOR COURTEOUS TO OTHER LIST MEMBERS. THANK YOU.

      Captain Alias,

      Seems we cross paths alot. (re: Nautical Guilds) But to answer your
      question: Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Curaia/

      Secondly, Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/honorbeforevictory

      The Curia is a group of SCA Members who wish to renact the Medieval
      Chruch acting as members of the clergy. We hope to foster a true
      Medievval feel in the SCA.

      Honor before Victory has the same focus in reference to chivalric
      honor.

      As far as lowland scots go, this is important to me as I am one
      mundanely. My family comes from Burwick upon Tweed, on the scottish
      english border. As far as highland ware in period, kilts don't
      actually come into Woge until mid 17th century, before that, celtic
      and pictish highlanders clothing was closer to Roman or Viking.

      Another of my pet peeves, is hollywood pirates in the SCA. An
      attitude I know you share. It drives me berserk. You see a pirate
      camp full of cutlasses likewise I don't carry a basket hilt claymore,
      as it is not in period either. When I do carry a long blade, it is
      either an arming sword, a good short sword of Roman design, or a
      crusade vintage Norman Broad Sword. My non period swords are for my
      mundane collection only.

      On the clerical discussion, I have much to learn before my monk is
      perfected. Currently, I call him Brother Aloysuis O' Banyon.
      However, I am reasonably certain that a FRansiscan Brother would drop
      his birth surname in favor of a church related surname. I will
      pursue that as time permits.

      It was good to hear from you,
      Brother
      We will chat more later,

      Lord Rob Haddock
    • KaraM
      Message 113 of 113 , Oct 20, 2012
        Hello Lidia,

        I am relatively new to the SCA and I love the Tudor time period as well. I'm from the East Kingdom my SCA name is Anna Tailor. I'm very serious about using period materials and patterns and I would love to chat about garb and everything else Tudor. I have 2 small children whom I absolutely love to dress up in middle class Tudor garb however, I haven't gotten around to making much nice things for myself. I've made some Italian Ren garb (because I was pregnant and the underbust cut works well with an ever expanding belly. But now that I am done having children for a least a little while I would like to get into to garb that I joined the SCA for!

        Anna Tailor