Re: [Authentic_SCA] Introduction

  • Adele de Maisieres
    Message 1 of 113 , Sep 6, 2006
      Tony Basore; SCA persona-Ld High Adm Robert Haddock wrote:
      > Quite by "coincidence"(I don'tbelieve in coincidences) I found this
      > site, so I will definitely be popping in from time to time, as I work
      > towards more accuracy in my 2 personas.
      > One is a Scottish Mariner, circa 1398. Lord Robert Haddock does not
      > wear a kilt, for, mainly, 2 reasons.
      > 1) Being a seafaring man, he is NOT a highlander, so highland
      > fashions are irrelevant.
      > 2) A kilt is not logical at sea.

      They also weren't worn 'til the second half of the 16th century, AFAIK.

      --
      Adele de Maisieres

      Habeo metrum - musicamque,
      hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
      -Georgeus Gershwinus
    • KaraM
      Message 113 of 113 , Oct 20, 2012
        Hello Lidia,

        I am relatively new to the SCA and I love the Tudor time period as well. I'm from the East Kingdom my SCA name is Anna Tailor. I'm very serious about using period materials and patterns and I would love to chat about garb and everything else Tudor. I have 2 small children whom I absolutely love to dress up in middle class Tudor garb however, I haven't gotten around to making much nice things for myself. I've made some Italian Ren garb (because I was pregnant and the underbust cut works well with an ever expanding belly. But now that I am done having children for a least a little while I would like to get into to garb that I joined the SCA for!

        Anna Tailor