Re: New to SCA

  • holycelticnation
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2006
      -J,

      I was in St. Bernard, but now live in Lafayette. I have a great Shire
      here in town and will be attending the Crown List event in two weeks.

      I am looking forward to seeing the interest in the grappling arts of
      the Middle Ages, because unlike most of the events and style, it is
      still an active art still practiced today.

      Scotty
    • Justin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2006

        > I was in St. Bernard, but now live in Lafayette. I have a great Shire
        > here in town and will be attending the Crown List event in two weeks.
        >
        > I am looking forward to seeing the interest in the grappling arts of
        > the Middle Ages, because unlike most of the events and style, it is
        > still an active art still practiced today.

        Say hi to Big John for me!

        I've seen groups that parallel the SCA with renactment but take a more
        martial arts approach to fighting, but I don't know of any in Louisana. U
        know of one that is in Dallas and Chicago though... (not that it helps)

        http://www.scholasaintgeorge.org/

        -Justin

        --
        "Badly!"