Re: fun with shawms

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2006
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lady_Lark_Azure"
      > As much as I hate being the weekest link, I find that playing with
      > people who are better than I am makes me a much better player.

      If you remember my habits from Tropes, you know I like to take things
      home, work on them, and show up prepared to kick butt and take names.
      Being expected to flounder four times a year on unfamiliar pieces with
      an instrument that is not mine is counterproductive, not to mention
      negative reinforcement, and I refuse to make myself miserable any more.

      Instead, I'm going to concentrate on learning/arranging pieces for
      psaltery, hurdygurdy and very soon, guzheng. I've gotten so disgusted
      about beating my head against the brick wall that is bardic that I
      haven't sung since February. I will when it feels fun again. Until it
      does, why bother.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
      West