Re: [Authentic_SCA] Discovery Days 2006

  • Chris Laning
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2006
      Ii wrote:

      >Yeah. Trying to explain to people that natural fibers are cooler is
      >hard to explain while you are sitting there sweating in 90 degree
      >weather. We were telling people that it wasn't so bad, though, and I
      >don't think it was. Yes, we were sweating profusely, but: a) only one
      >person in our group even had to stop by the first aid station, b) that
      >was because he had just walked about a quarter mile or so around noon
      >without good water nearby.

      My experience (and I'm very sensitive to heat) is that in all natural fibers, I may feel warm, but I don't have sweat dripping down me the way I do if I have the bad judgement to wear "plastic" clothing in hot weather. So in at least that sense, it's more comfortable. Of course, this is in California where the humidity is generally pretty low.

      OTOH, I still have to stay out of bright sunlight. Shade is a wonderful invention; tree-shade, even more so!

      (Lady) Christian de Holacombe

      0 Chris Laning
      | <claning@...>
      + Davis, California