CFP: Medieval Pedagogy and Martial Systems at ICMS, Kalamazoo, MI, 10-13 May 2007

  • J. May
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      From another list. Samia

      -----Original Message-----
      Please Forward and Post:

      42nd International Congress on Medieval Studies
      Kalamazoo, MI
      10-13 May 2007

      I. Medieval Pedagogy and Martial Systems: Many Ways to the One True
      Art (A Roundtable Discussion)

      II. Medieval Western Martial Arts: Pedagogy and Practice (A Demonstration)

      These sessions are intended to look at the medieval (and Renaissance)
      fencing manuals (Fechtbuecher) with an eye to their approach to
      teaching the methods contained within them as well as their place
      within or use of the broader traditions and methods of medieval (and
      Renaissance) pedagogy. These sessions are sponsored by Higgins Armory
      Museum.

      Abstract cover sheets should be submitted to the sessions' organizer,
      Annamaria Kovacs, by Sept. 15.

      Annamaria Kovacs
      2705 Burning Tree Ln.
      Irving, TX 75062
      rhia474@...
      Fax 469-524-6933

      Abstract Cover Sheets as well as more information about the
      conference can be found at the conference's Web site:

      http://www.wmich.edu/medieval/congress

      ---Amy West
      Museum Educator
      Higgins Armory Museum