Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic Venetian gown "pattern" or directions

  • Adrienne Waters
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
      MODERATOR'S NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT TOP POST. THANK YOU. (POST EDITED)

      batughal wrote:
      > I am currently researching for authentic venetian gown directions
      > that will imitate the ones in the painting, "Two Venetian Ladies on a
      > Balcony", by Carpaccio. I am just starting to hunt for this
      > pattern/directions, and am seeking to make this gown fit very well.
      > Any words of advice? I am not wishing to use modern pattterns with
      > darts, etc., obviously, so I need advice on how to make one of those
      > small bodyce areas actually fit correctly so that I can have freedom
      > of movement without having slippage.

      If you're interested in authentic costuming etc, the lovely people over
      at MedCos can probably help. We have a lot of archives, dress diaries etc.
      http://slumberland.org/moodle/login/index.php

      I made one years ago, but can't remember the details and certainly don't
      have anything online about it.

      Cheers,
      DV / Adrienne