FW: Acadiana Medieval Faire Casting Call

  • dahoeboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      The Acadiana Medieval Faire invites you to audition for its 2007
      season. We are looking for volunteers to inhabit our Medieval town
      with a variety of characters. There are no fees. Once you are
      accepted as a cast member, we will work as a team to develop your
      costume and character in coming months so that everyone is fully
      prepared for the Faire.

      Chaucerian Characters:
      Knight (father), Prioress, Monk, Clerk, Haberdasher,
      Squire (son), Nun, Friar, Sergeant of Law, Carpenter Yeoman (archer),
      Priest (3?), Merchant, Franklyn, Weaver, Cloth Dyer,
      Doctor, Reeve, Chaucer, Tapestry maker, Wife of Bath, Miller,
      Shipman, Parson, Summoner

      Historical Characters: the family and court of English King Edward
      III and Queen Phillipa

      Non Chaucer: men-at-arms; ladies-in-waiting; villagers, farmers,
      tradespeople, and travelers.

      Please feel free to come with your favorite character costume or in
      comfortable clothing as you wish. If you have an audition speech or
      demonstration about one minute in length, we would like to see and
      hear it; however, that is not required. Just be prepared to introduce
      yourself. We want to see you and hear your voice and talk to you a
      little bit about your interests and talents. We need all kinds of
      people with all kinds of skills to bring our town to life.

      The casting call for the second annual Acadiana Medieval Faire will
      be held On Sunday August 20, 2007, from 2:00PM to 4:00PM at the
      Lafayette Public Library in Lafayette, LA.

      Driving Directions:
      From North Lafayette and I-10 Take I-49 South. This road will become
      SE
      Evangeline Thruway. Follow the thruway to Second St. and turn right.
      Bear to the left onto Buchanan St.. Follow Buchanan to W. Congress
      St. Make a right onto W. Congress. Library is on the left.

      Library Address:
      301 West Congress Street
      Lafayette, LA 70501

      For more information:

      Email: info@...
      Phone: 1 (866) 865-0433
      Web: The Acadiana Medieval Faire
    • dahoeboy
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2007
        From 2:00 – 4:00PM on Sunday August 12, 2007 the Acadiana Medieval
        Faire will be hosting an open casting call at the Lafayette Public
        Library at 301 West Congress Street
        Lafayette, LA 70501. Those interested should feel free to either come
        with their favorite costume or in comfortable clothing. No prior
        experience is necessary. The faire needs all kinds of people with all
        types of skills to bring our medieval town to life for our third
        annual event in 2008. If you are interested in joining our cast
        please call 1(866) 865-0433 or email cast@... for
        additional information.

        Running from March 29 to April 1, 2008 between Grand Coteau and
        Arnaudville the Acadiana Medieval faire is a recreation of a medieval
        spring market faire similar to those found during the late gothic
        period of continental Europe. Visitors to the third annual Acadiana
        Medieval Faire will also encounter lively characters from Chaucer's
        Canterbury Tales and delight in their tales as they shop in a unique
        medieval-style market place, listen to authentic early music, watch a
        show from the Middle Ages, or delight in the spicy food that is the
        trade mark of Cajun Country.

        Attracting more than 10000 visitors in its first two years, the
        Acadiana Medieval Faire has been a tremendous success.
        The Acadiana Medieval Faire is a not-for-profit corporation that is
        the only Renaissance Festival in the South specifically geared to
        school groups and families. All proceeds from the faire are re-
        invested in the faire and its educational programs. To learn more
        about the faire visit their website at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/
        to stay informed about faire events and activities join the faire's
        open discussion group at: