Re: [Authentic_SCA] Stalled out

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 7, 2006
      At 4:50 AM -0700 07/08/06, Geoffrey Schemel wrote:
      >If you can manage a small drill you can manage a jig saw which is
      >the only other tool you'd need to make a 6 board chest, 4 board
      >benches, and a table A circular saw would be a nice to have that
      >allow you to make the larger cuts faster; but a jig will get you
      >there.

      Thanks for the helpful hints :-)

      I used to live with a custom cabinetmaker. He had a beautiful old
      mitre box for making those lovely cuts that make parts fit together
      so nicely.

      I'll never be able to do what he did, but i do think i could handle a jig saw.

      >If you want, I'm working on some plans that I'd be happy to pass
      >along to you if you ever care to give it a try.

      I would appreciate it. Note that i cannot manage anything heavy, as i
      have some physical issues, but a moderate sized box i can probably
      do... and i'd like to learn to do inlay and veneer to spiff up the
      top surface.
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita