Big box store 6-board box

  • msgilliandurham
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2006
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Schemel <gschemel@...>
      wrote:

      > Urtatim said, "I can manage paint - doing it on the sidewalk or
      stoop - and small drills and screwdrivers, better than i can manage a
      circular saw"

      At least in this neck of the woods (south central US) you can get the
      folks at the Big Box stores to cut the lumber that you purchase from
      them. They usually have a sign posted "no precision cuts" but they
      mean their equipment isn't accurate enough to guarantee 11/64 of an inch.

      I think the same is true of lumber yards.

      I started to write up the directions for a "big box 6-board chest" but
      they are too long for a message. I'll put them in the files when I get
      them written up.

      YIS, Gillian Durham