Re: Stalled out

  • Aliskye
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 3, 2006
      Thank you all for some really thoughtful suggestions. I think I'll
      take the collective wisdom and see if I can make a linen coif to go
      under my various hats. Just a plain linen coif.....forget the
      blackwork embroidered one (that is on my to do list for later). Just a
      plain linen coif for now and get rid of the crochet-looking snoods.
      That should be a project that I can do before the next event I go to.

      Thanks again!

      regards,

      aliskye
      lyondemere, caid
    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 7, 2006
        At 4:50 AM -0700 07/08/06, Geoffrey Schemel wrote:
        >If you can manage a small drill you can manage a jig saw which is
        >the only other tool you'd need to make a 6 board chest, 4 board
        >benches, and a table A circular saw would be a nice to have that
        >allow you to make the larger cuts faster; but a jig will get you
        >there.

        Thanks for the helpful hints :-)

        I used to live with a custom cabinetmaker. He had a beautiful old
        mitre box for making those lovely cuts that make parts fit together
        so nicely.

        I'll never be able to do what he did, but i do think i could handle a jig saw.

        >If you want, I'm working on some plans that I'd be happy to pass
        >along to you if you ever care to give it a try.

        I would appreciate it. Note that i cannot manage anything heavy, as i
        have some physical issues, but a moderate sized box i can probably
        do... and i'd like to learn to do inlay and veneer to spiff up the
        top surface.
        --
        Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
        the persona formerly known as Anahita