Re: [Authentic_SCA] Stalled out

  • E McCoy
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 3, 2006
      MODERATOR NOTE - PLEASE EDIT YOUR POSTS AND USE A SIGNATURE. THANK YOU.

      Coming from the Viking gentleman with the Sunglasses in his personal icon...I supposed you know exactly of what you speak.

      DELETED MESSAGE THIS WAS TOP POSTED TO.
    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 7, 2006
        At 4:50 AM -0700 07/08/06, Geoffrey Schemel wrote:
        >If you can manage a small drill you can manage a jig saw which is
        >the only other tool you'd need to make a 6 board chest, 4 board
        >benches, and a table A circular saw would be a nice to have that
        >allow you to make the larger cuts faster; but a jig will get you
        >there.

        Thanks for the helpful hints :-)

        I used to live with a custom cabinetmaker. He had a beautiful old
        mitre box for making those lovely cuts that make parts fit together
        so nicely.

        I'll never be able to do what he did, but i do think i could handle a jig saw.

        >If you want, I'm working on some plans that I'd be happy to pass
        >along to you if you ever care to give it a try.

        I would appreciate it. Note that i cannot manage anything heavy, as i
        have some physical issues, but a moderate sized box i can probably
        do... and i'd like to learn to do inlay and veneer to spiff up the
        top surface.
        --
        Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
        the persona formerly known as Anahita