Re: [ Stalled out

  • Aliskye
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Thanks for your ideas!

      more below:

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Catelli, Ann" <ACatelli@...>
      wrote:

      > What _are_ your long-term goals?

      My particular interest is Elizabethan. I want to be more informed
      about their daily life, their celebrations, their history,
      everything. I know I need to do a lot more reading and make time for
      it. I also know that this doesn't come easily to me.

      > Do you want personally to have the stepped-from-a-painting look?

      Yes. :) I want to look better and not like a badly done wench from
      Ren. Faire.

      > Or do you wish the house or tent you just left to be Right?

      Yes, as far as camping is concerned, suspectng that Elizabethans
      rarely lived in tents. :)

      > Or the food to be delicious and authentic?

      I'd like to know more about what they ate, though I'm not much of a
      cook myself.

      > Obviously, that's where your heart is, and where you're likely to
      be more informed and more authentic.

      Thank you :)

      aliskye
      lyondemere, caid

      > I'm one of the garb geeks, so I'll speak to clothes:
      >
      > For personal wear authenticity, cover your hair. This is fairly
      wide spread both in time & place, from Ancient Rome on up, for men &
      women, for many countries.