Painted Nails (was RE: [Authentic_SCA] Mohawks, Hair Gel, and Manicures... Bog Men With Style)

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      I don't know what they used to paint their nails, probably berry juice or
      something like that, but there are references to fingernail painting in
      period literature - specifically scarlet! Lisa Bitel refers to it in her
      book "Land of Women: Tales of Sex and Gender in Early Ireland". If someone
      could come up with the original source, that would be great!

      Findabhair

      "it'd be interesting to find out what they used to do their nails. the
      article doesn't really say. anyone feel like digging?"