German Letters Patent

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2006
      From the Scribes list with permission... wowsers! - Despina

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: alban@... <alban@...>
      Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:08:42 -500
      Subject: [Scribes] German Letters Patent
      To: scribes@...
      Cc: apprentice@yahoogroups.com

      For you heraldic, scribal, and metal-working geeks: I've just uploaded a
      set of photos to my LiveJournal gallery, of a German Letters Patent (read:
      award of arms, I think), from Bavaria, dating to the mid 1550's. Lots of
      calligraphy, one illumination (the arms), a whole seal (in its own box),
      and a box for all of it made out of tin. . .

      (If anyone has a German Armorial available, I'd appreciate knowing who the
      heck the guy is who got awarded this thang.)

      The URL should be

      http://pics.livejournal.com/tedeisenstein/gallery/00007ez7

      (and permission is granted to spread the word to all and sundry who might
      be interested.)

      Alban