music table

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2006
      Hi all.

      I was at a demo this weekend and wound up chatting with a lovely woman
      (probably in her 70s) about all of the instruments I had out and the
      music I was playing. She told me a about a book she had picked up on
      Medieval and Renaissance instruments. An hour or two later, she was
      back, book in hand. Much to my surprise she gave it to me! It was
      David Munrow's _Instruments of the Middle Ages and Renaissace_.

      The thing that caught my eye was the cover. It shows a music room,
      with instruments strewn about and the coolest table I've ever seen.
      Around the table, music stands attach to arms of wood which protrude
      from the table itself. My apprentice sister said she had stumbled
      across these before many years ago and that there is a specific name
      for them.

      If anyone knows what they're called, or knows of any other images of
      them, I'd be grateful for the info. I'm thinking of commissioning my
      brother to build one with the intent of transporting it out to my
      camp's storage unit to be used at Pennsic for loud band practices. I
      figure if he can make the arms swing back underneath, it would just be
      another table for the camp when not in use for music.

      Thanks!
      Isabeau