Re: [Authentic_SCA] painted signs?

  • m_mc_nealy@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2006
      The Holbein brothers painted a couple of sign boards for a Schoolmaster, you might try them for inspriation.
      Signboard for a Schoolmaster, 1516, Hans Holbein the Younger
      http://www.wga.hu/html/h/holbein/hans_y/1518/1signboa.html

      Signboard for a Schoolmaster, 1516, Ambrosius Holbein
      http://www.wga.hu/html/h/holbein/ambrosiu/signboar.html

      Also, if you have access to an art library, I'd recommend looking through the German Single-leaf woodcuts, 1500-1550, there are several peasent fair scenes in there that have signboards.

      -Marion
      www.curiousfrau.com