Re: primary documentation for linen "underpartlet"?

  • m d b
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2006
      > Greetings to the list, and apologies for cross-posting --
      >
      > I'm trying to document the white linen partlet -- the kind that was
      > supposedly worn to fill in the neck of a square-necked shift, not the
      > kind worn over the shoulders of a bodice.

      In "Germany" both types of partlet are called a Goller. But they are
      differenciated by the type. There are also accounts for materials used
      to make them. Try Textiler Hausrat, or if you don't have access to the
      book and can't read German there are translated section at the
      Germanrencostume list here on yahoo.

      Willemyne/Michaela
      http://glittersweet.com