Re: SPAM-LOW: [Authentic_SCA] Re: upholstery fabrics questions

  • NINacide@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 15, 2006
      If any of you are in the Orange County, CA area, there is a very good fabric
      store near Ball and Knott. It is one of the largest stores I've ever seen
      with everything from Tartans in 100% wool to small amounts of leather goods.
      It's worth the trip if you live within 50 miles of it.

      Mikhail

      PS. I'm working on a Gambeson, does anyone have any information that would
      be helpful for that. I.E. sewing thick (comforter blanket) filled fabrics,
      sewing tough material such as canvas, or how to reinforce seams with leather?

    • catfromtex
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
        Would you happen to know the name of the store? I'd make the trek from
        Ventura County for a really good fabric store (but I'd need a
        name/address to Mapquest the location).

        Thanks,

        Alia

      • NINacide@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
          I think it is M&L Fabrics.

          Mikhail

        • NINacide@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
            PS. It is on Ball, East of Knott by about 200 yards.
            Mikhail

          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 17, 2006
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, NINacide@... wrote:

              > I think it is M&L Fabrics.

              Aha, a little detective work with Yahoo Maps and:

              M & L Fabrics Discount Store
              3430 W Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92804
              (714) 995-3178

              http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=9605856&ck=1937991300&tab=B2C&ycat=92209884&city=Anaheim&state=CA&uzip=92805&country=us&msa=5945&cs=4&ed=m2Hq7K1o2TySvaoH2tKsRJmaMPLCNum9Ch3OMOdAKWSciA--&stat=:pos:4:regular:regT:8:fbT:6

              Jehanne de Wodeford
              West Kingdom
            • c taylor
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 18, 2006
                Eeexcelent! Thanks so much for the M&L info.

                -Alia

                http://mail.yahoo.com