RE: SPAM-LOW: [Authentic_SCA] Re: upholstery fabrics questions

  • Jerilyn Winstead
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 14, 2006
      Thank you Alia--that's just what I needed!

      Jane

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 14, 2006
        Apologies for that double post - my connection must've burped or
        something.

        http://www.virtue.to/articles/modern_fabric.html might be of use, if
        you have not already seen it.

        Jehanne de Wodeford
        West Kingdom
      • NINacide@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 15, 2006
          If any of you are in the Orange County, CA area, there is a very good fabric
          store near Ball and Knott. It is one of the largest stores I've ever seen
          with everything from Tartans in 100% wool to small amounts of leather goods.
          It's worth the trip if you live within 50 miles of it.

          Mikhail

          PS. I'm working on a Gambeson, does anyone have any information that would
          be helpful for that. I.E. sewing thick (comforter blanket) filled fabrics,
          sewing tough material such as canvas, or how to reinforce seams with leather?

        • catfromtex
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
            Would you happen to know the name of the store? I'd make the trek from
            Ventura County for a really good fabric store (but I'd need a
            name/address to Mapquest the location).

            Thanks,

            Alia

          • NINacide@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
              I think it is M&L Fabrics.

              Mikhail

            • NINacide@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
                PS. It is on Ball, East of Knott by about 200 yards.
                Mikhail

              • wodeford
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 17, 2006
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, NINacide@... wrote:

                  > I think it is M&L Fabrics.

                  Aha, a little detective work with Yahoo Maps and:

                  M & L Fabrics Discount Store
                  3430 W Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92804
                  (714) 995-3178

                  http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=9605856&ck=1937991300&tab=B2C&ycat=92209884&city=Anaheim&state=CA&uzip=92805&country=us&msa=5945&cs=4&ed=m2Hq7K1o2TySvaoH2tKsRJmaMPLCNum9Ch3OMOdAKWSciA--&stat=:pos:4:regular:regT:8:fbT:6

                  Jehanne de Wodeford
                  West Kingdom
                • c taylor
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 18, 2006
                    Eeexcelent! Thanks so much for the M&L info.

                    -Alia

                    http://mail.yahoo.com