Re: Stamped Sideless Surcote Ready for Final Hemming

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2006
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "LL Rice" <apolloniavoss@...> wrote:

      > I've uploaded a photo of my first sideless surcote/first stamped
      > garment to the photo section. The album is "Apollonia Voss's Stuff."

      Playing catch up here, apologies for the delayed response. Hope you'll
      post a photo of you wearing it soon!

      > After testing it, it became clear that the design
      > wasn't raised far enough from the backing; I cut another and
      > repeated the test; And again two more times.
      Your patience was rewarded with a good print though. I remember
      futzing around with a stamp for days and not getting a clean print on
      the silk I was working with. Finally I went to a stencil. (Me,
      stubborn? Maybe just a little.)

      > It's been a fun project. I'll be working with a premade stamp and
      > some gold colored fabric paint to go onto a silk Byzantine overdress
      > next.
      Addictive, isn't it? Stencils are fun too, once you've gotten a feel
      for how much - or how little - paint you need to load on your brush.

      Nice work.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
      West