Spun Silk Taffeta from Silk Connection Has anybody used it?

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Sorry to those who get this more than once (I've sent it to 2 other lists),
      but I'm trying to catch as many people as possible. Has anybody bought silk
      taffeta from Silk Connection?
      http://www.silkconnection.com/products/fabric/silk/taffeta/ they describe it
      as spun silk which immediately triggers alarm bells for me because when I
      think of spun silk I think of Dupion and similar lumpy silks. If it does
      have slubs it would not be appropriate for either of the uses I have in mind
      (a Tudor kirtle and a mid 19th century ball gown) unless the lumps are
      infrequent enough that you could avoid them (or hide them in the seam
      allowance). The really cheap price (it's even cheaper than their dupion)
      seems to reinforce this suspicion. I tried emailing this question directly
      to them but the email address listed on their site came back as 'user
      unknown'
      thanks
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole