Linsey-woolsey WAS TOTAL SUBJECT CHANGE

  • msgilliandurham
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2006
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "kelyn_of_broceliande"
      <kelyn_of_broceliande@...> wrote:
      > I THINK linsey-woolsy is linen one way and wool the other, but I
      > can't recall where I read that and I may be confusing it with
      > something else.

      According to the Hamilton Dry Goods page (and I trust them to know)
      " What is Linsey-Woolsey? Our Linsey-Woolsey is a reproduction of an
      original 200-year old fabric and it has flax-linen threads in one
      direction and wool threads in the other direction."

      So the linen isn't spun *with* the wool, to make that yarn stronger.

      Gillian Durham