Re: 14th c. Buttons: Which side to put them on?

  • equigal_99
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 2:51 PM
      My thanks to everyone who responded to my question about what side to
      place buttons on my new arming coat. Wow! This list is a veritable
      mine of wonderful people, information and resources. I honestly had
      no idea there would be as much information as was sent to me either
      privately or posted on the list.

      As it seems there is no evidence for a specific custom in 14th
      century English dress, and "whim" of wearer or tailor was
      documented...I've decided to stick to having buttons on the left and
      the holes on the right...I have a stiff left wrist due to some recent
      surgery (no, not jousting related!) and it's just easier for me this
      way round.

      Again, many thanks for the terrific advice and documentation.

      ~ariadne

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com