Re: Tudor Tailoring Book

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
      Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
      posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
      March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
      started arriving yet.
      Wondering. . . .
      Margaret Hepburn
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...>
      wrote:

      > I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
      > to locate it under this name.
      >
      > In Your Service,
      >
      > Yamina

    • Margaret N
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
        Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn wrote:

        > Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
        > posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
        > March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
        > started arriving yet.
        > Wondering. . . .
        > Margaret Hepburn

        I'm in the eastern half of TN, and have not, yet.

        I'm all jealous of Australia....

        Margaret N.
      • Cathy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
          "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...> wrote:
          > I am sooo excited, the book has been ordered. Yayyyyy!!!
          > Yamina

          I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
          projects started I should be ashamed ;) ), and to have on hand at the
          shop for reference. And of course I have to look into the fingerloop
          braiding as I think it would be a wonderful substitute for purchased
          cord on some of the banners I make.

          > > Jane wrote:
          > >
          > > PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because
          >conversation about the book was starting to take over a couple of
          >other lists. If you are interested in joining:

          Hi Jane,
          The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
          know.

          Cathy at FF
        • Jane Stockton
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
            >Hi Jane,
            >The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
            >know.
            >
            >Cathy at FF

            Cathy,

            Yep, I had to change the name of the group and therefore the location for
            signing up. It is now:

            Sorry about the confusion.

            Cheers,
            Jane
          • msgilliandurham
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Cathy" <cacshantih@...> wrote:

              > I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
              > projects started I should be ashamed ;)

              "I don't need to get a life, I need fewer lives"

              YIS, Gillian Durham
            • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
                Squee! Just opened the envelope & am pleased to discover I got a
                signed copy (wasn't sure if I reserved early enough). Haven't done
                any real reading yet, just thumbed through it with my mouth getting
                wider & wider open. It is a beautiful book, well worth the, in my
                estimation, very reasonable cost!
                Margaret Hepburn
                (in SE New Mexico, for anyone wondering & waiting for theirs, my was
                mailed from a distributor in California....)
                --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "msgilliandurham"