Re: [Authentic_SCA] Tudor Tailoring Book

  • Jane Stockton
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
      At 01:55 PM 4/04/2006, you wrote:
      >I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
      >to locate it under this name.
      >
      >In Your Service,
      >
      >Yamina

      Yamina,

      I believe the book you are asking about is The Tudor Tailor:
      http://www.tudortailor.com/

      I recommend buying it from the website, cause the price includes postage,
      which has got to be cheaper than buying it on Amazon or somewhere similar.
      Also, the more they sell directly from the website, the sooner they can get
      working on the next book.

      All of the above said as a very satisfied customer with no affiliation etc

      Cheers,
      Jane

      PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because conversation about
      the book was starting to take over a couple of other lists. If you are
      interested in joining: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tudortailor/
    • Penny
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
        ~bounces up and down giggling~

        I am sooo excited, the book has been ordered. Yayyyyy!!!

        Yamina

        ooopsss

        Thank you so kindly for the information. I look forward to receiving
        the book and learning more in this area. The contents is truly
        exceptional.

        In Your Service,

        Yamina

        ~giggles~

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jane Stockton
        <jane_stockton@...> wrote:

        > At 01:55 PM 4/04/2006, you wrote:
        > >I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been
        able
        > >to locate it under this name.
        > >
        > >In Your Service,
        > >
        > >Yamina
        >
        > Yamina,
        >
        > I believe the book you are asking about is The Tudor Tailor:
        > http://www.tudortailor.com/
        >
        > I recommend buying it from the website, cause the price includes
        postage,
        > which has got to be cheaper than buying it on Amazon or somewhere
        similar.
        > Also, the more they sell directly from the website, the sooner
        they can get
        > working on the next book.
        >
        > All of the above said as a very satisfied customer with no
        affiliation etc

        > Cheers,
        > Jane
        >
        > PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because conversation
        about
        > the book was starting to take over a couple of other lists. If you
        are
        > interested in joining: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tudortailor/

      • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
          Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
          posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
          March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
          started arriving yet.
          Wondering. . . .
          Margaret Hepburn
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...>
          wrote:

          > I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
          > to locate it under this name.
          >
          > In Your Service,
          >
          > Yamina

        • Margaret N
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
            Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn wrote:

            > Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
            > posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
            > March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
            > started arriving yet.
            > Wondering. . . .
            > Margaret Hepburn

            I'm in the eastern half of TN, and have not, yet.

            I'm all jealous of Australia....

            Margaret N.
          • Cathy
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
              "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...> wrote:
              > I am sooo excited, the book has been ordered. Yayyyyy!!!
              > Yamina

              I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
              projects started I should be ashamed ;) ), and to have on hand at the
              shop for reference. And of course I have to look into the fingerloop
              braiding as I think it would be a wonderful substitute for purchased
              cord on some of the banners I make.

              > > Jane wrote:
              > >
              > > PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because
              >conversation about the book was starting to take over a couple of
              >other lists. If you are interested in joining:

              Hi Jane,
              The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
              know.

              Cathy at FF
            • Jane Stockton
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
                >Hi Jane,
                >The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
                >know.
                >
                >Cathy at FF

                Cathy,

                Yep, I had to change the name of the group and therefore the location for
                signing up. It is now:

                Sorry about the confusion.

                Cheers,
                Jane
              • msgilliandurham
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Cathy" <cacshantih@...> wrote:

                  > I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
                  > projects started I should be ashamed ;)

                  "I don't need to get a life, I need fewer lives"

                  YIS, Gillian Durham
                • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
                    Squee! Just opened the envelope & am pleased to discover I got a
                    signed copy (wasn't sure if I reserved early enough). Haven't done
                    any real reading yet, just thumbed through it with my mouth getting
                    wider & wider open. It is a beautiful book, well worth the, in my
                    estimation, very reasonable cost!
                    Margaret Hepburn
                    (in SE New Mexico, for anyone wondering & waiting for theirs, my was
                    mailed from a distributor in California....)
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "msgilliandurham"