Tudor Tailoring Book

  • Penny
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
      I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
      to locate it under this name.

      In Your Service,

      Yamina
    • Jane Stockton
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
        At 01:55 PM 4/04/2006, you wrote:
        >I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
        >to locate it under this name.
        >
        >In Your Service,
        >
        >Yamina

        Yamina,

        I believe the book you are asking about is The Tudor Tailor:
        http://www.tudortailor.com/

        I recommend buying it from the website, cause the price includes postage,
        which has got to be cheaper than buying it on Amazon or somewhere similar.
        Also, the more they sell directly from the website, the sooner they can get
        working on the next book.

        All of the above said as a very satisfied customer with no affiliation etc

        Cheers,
        Jane

        PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because conversation about
        the book was starting to take over a couple of other lists. If you are
        interested in joining: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tudortailor/
      • Penny
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
          ~bounces up and down giggling~

          I am sooo excited, the book has been ordered. Yayyyyy!!!

          Yamina

          ooopsss

          Thank you so kindly for the information. I look forward to receiving
          the book and learning more in this area. The contents is truly
          exceptional.

          In Your Service,

          Yamina

          ~giggles~

          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jane Stockton
          <jane_stockton@...> wrote:

          > At 01:55 PM 4/04/2006, you wrote:
          > >I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been
          able
          > >to locate it under this name.
          > >
          > >In Your Service,
          > >
          > >Yamina
          >
          > Yamina,
          >
          > I believe the book you are asking about is The Tudor Tailor:
          > http://www.tudortailor.com/
          >
          > I recommend buying it from the website, cause the price includes
          postage,
          > which has got to be cheaper than buying it on Amazon or somewhere
          similar.
          > Also, the more they sell directly from the website, the sooner
          they can get
          > working on the next book.
          >
          > All of the above said as a very satisfied customer with no
          affiliation etc

          > Cheers,
          > Jane
          >
          > PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because conversation
          about
          > the book was starting to take over a couple of other lists. If you
          are
          > interested in joining: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tudortailor/

        • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
            Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
            posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
            March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
            started arriving yet.
            Wondering. . . .
            Margaret Hepburn
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...>
            wrote:

            > I would like the name of the book you speak of. I have not been able
            > to locate it under this name.
            >
            > In Your Service,
            >
            > Yamina

          • Margaret N
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
              Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn wrote:

              > Has anyone else received theirs yet? I believe someone from Lochac
              > posted last week. Their website (Tudor Tailor)says mailouts started on
              > March 19. I'm in SE New Mexico, so just wondering if any US ones have
              > started arriving yet.
              > Wondering. . . .
              > Margaret Hepburn

              I'm in the eastern half of TN, and have not, yet.

              I'm all jealous of Australia....

              Margaret N.
            • Cathy
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
                "Penny" <JasminebintHabib@...> wrote:
                > I am sooo excited, the book has been ordered. Yayyyyy!!!
                > Yamina

                I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
                projects started I should be ashamed ;) ), and to have on hand at the
                shop for reference. And of course I have to look into the fingerloop
                braiding as I think it would be a wonderful substitute for purchased
                cord on some of the banners I make.

                > > Jane wrote:
                > >
                > > PS. I just started a Tudor Tailor email list, because
                >conversation about the book was starting to take over a couple of
                >other lists. If you are interested in joining:

                Hi Jane,
                The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
                know.

                Cathy at FF
              • Jane Stockton
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
                  >Hi Jane,
                  >The link comes up as "doesn't exist." I thought you would want to
                  >know.
                  >
                  >Cathy at FF

                  Cathy,

                  Yep, I had to change the name of the group and therefore the location for
                  signing up. It is now:

                  Sorry about the confusion.

                  Cheers,
                  Jane
                • msgilliandurham
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Cathy" <cacshantih@...> wrote:

                    > I ordered the book also - to read, to hopefully use (I have so many
                    > projects started I should be ashamed ;)

                    "I don't need to get a life, I need fewer lives"

                    YIS, Gillian Durham
                  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
                      Squee! Just opened the envelope & am pleased to discover I got a
                      signed copy (wasn't sure if I reserved early enough). Haven't done
                      any real reading yet, just thumbed through it with my mouth getting
                      wider & wider open. It is a beautiful book, well worth the, in my
                      estimation, very reasonable cost!
                      Margaret Hepburn
                      (in SE New Mexico, for anyone wondering & waiting for theirs, my was
                      mailed from a distributor in California....)
                      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "msgilliandurham"