Re: [Authentic_SCA] Spanish Purse?

  • hawkhurstmanor@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
      The Dark Lady <dark_lady_of_the_sidhe@...> wrote: Greetings all!

      I would like to make a very late period (ideally
      1550-1650) Spanish man's purse. If anyone has any
      leads, especially patterns or pictures, I would
      appreciate it. Thanks!

      ~Eithni

      There is a very nice illustration of a gentleman's purse on a Spanish costume of 1550 in "Hispanic Costume 1480-1530" in plate 176. It is an example of one of the pie-shaped ones with the round closure. Others are in plates 218 through 223, all very nice designs. Don't let the title of the book put

      ISBN 87535-126-3 Anderson, Ruth Matilda, Hispanic Costume 1480-1530.

      Yours,
      Elyn de Haoucmore