Spanish Purse?

  • The Dark Lady
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2006
      Greetings all!

      I would like to make a very late period (ideally
      1550-1650) Spanish man's purse. If anyone has any
      leads, especially patterns or pictures, I would
      appreciate it. Thanks!

      ~Eithni

      When he has obtained those things which are necessary to life, there is another alternative than to obtain the superfluities; and that is, to adventure on life now, his vacation from humbler toil having commenced. ---Thoreau

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • hawkhurstmanor@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
        The Dark Lady <dark_lady_of_the_sidhe@...> wrote: Greetings all!

        I would like to make a very late period (ideally
        1550-1650) Spanish man's purse. If anyone has any
        leads, especially patterns or pictures, I would
        appreciate it. Thanks!

        ~Eithni

        There is a very nice illustration of a gentleman's purse on a Spanish costume of 1550 in "Hispanic Costume 1480-1530" in plate 176. It is an example of one of the pie-shaped ones with the round closure. Others are in plates 218 through 223, all very nice designs. Don't let the title of the book put

        ISBN 87535-126-3 Anderson, Ruth Matilda, Hispanic Costume 1480-1530.

        Yours,
        Elyn de Haoucmore