Re: Finishing of square necked smocks

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
      I have looked at that photo, but am still not sure. I *think* that a
      front facing is tacked on (a lot of clothes of this era are finished
      like this). There is definitely a separate square of embroidery and
      I think this is done as a facing, but without actually having
      examined the chemise it's hard to tell, that's why I was wondering
      if anyone has seen either of them up close. (the other one I refer
      to is pictured in QEWU).
      Toujours a vos ordres,
      Margaret Hepburn
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Amy Heilveil <amyheilveil@...>