Re: [Authentic_SCA] Sarah Davies

  • Lyle H. Gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Catelli, Ann wrote:

      > Any little thing you'd like to say??

      Now, _there_ is a good question. ;-)

      Lyle

      --
      Lyle H. Gray
      gray@... -- text only, please
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
        Any little thing you'd like to say??

        Ann in CT
        Cecilia Dollmaker
      • kittencat3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
          What Baron Lyle and Lady Cecilia are referring to is that I became the first
          Easterner, and possibly the first SCAdian, to be elevated to the Order of the
          Laurel for quilting. I was elevated at Birka on Saturday, and am still
          getting used to the idea.

          And though my vigil included some modern foolery in a clever medieval
          disguise (would you believe a commedia dell 'arte presentation on marshmallow
          peeps?), my dress was based on a portrait of Ludovico Sforza and his wife, the
          necklace for my medallion is based on an existing example, and I carried a
          paternoster based on a period example (and my Bible was in a chemise binding that
          looked great and covered the Masonic symbols on the binding).

          So it's sort of relevant in a strange way...:)

          Mistress Sarah Davies
          Bergental, East