Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Newest projects?

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 30, 2006
      On Jan 30, 2006, at 7:15 AM, Cathy wrote:

      > Heather Rose Jones <heather.jones@e...> wrote:
      >
      >> I have somewhere around 20 different garments, described in about 25
      > different publications. So it's not exactly easy to summarize the
      > material. (That's what the study project is for!)
      >>
      >> Tangwystyl
      >
      > Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Will you be
      > publishing your finished work?
      >
      > I see a book tour in your future...

      At the very least it'll end up as an addition to my class repertoire
      and likely a web site article. I don't know whether I'll aim higher
      -- the Main Event is the garments database itself, and the focused
      projects like this are just an excuse to sort out particular subsets
      of the data. I like putting together focused studies when there are
      enough of a particular type of garment to create a reasonably
      balanced overall picture. An awful lot of the surviving garments are
      relatively isolated examples which makes it harder to know how to
      extrapolate them. Since most of the publications are severely
      lacking in detail in terms of dimensions and construction, a really
      serious book-length work would require first-hand study, which isn't
      something I'm likely to be able to fit in. Too many other projects!

      Tangwystyl

      --
      Heather Rose Jones
      heather.jones@...