Re: 50% off sale at Fashion Fabrics Outlet

  • Cathy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
      Kareina Talvi Tytär <kareina@i...> wrote:

      I hope that you enjoy
      > reading this list and that you find more here of interest than
      just the
      > textile related discussions.
      >
      > --Kareina, who strongly suspects from the tone of your first post
      that you
      > won't abuse the privilege by posting sales too often

      I'm happy to be on this list. I have two ladies who work for me
      who make historical clothing, and one lectures about it, so I am
      very much aware that most fabrics aren't suitable if they
      are "infected" (i.e. 100% natural), as one of them puts it (this
      always delights me when she says this!).

      If I had my way, we would NEVER have sales as it is a lot of work
      for me (I don't have a large staff) and the best fabrics fly out the
      door and I am left with a lot of poly and stretch fabrics to look
      at - but a girl has to keep her job and sales definitely brings the
      customers in!

      Actually, I plan on just posting a link to a sale announcement page
      in the future (after we move the store) so that I don't waste a lot
      of ban space for those not interested. Or maybe a separate yahoo
      group for things pertaining to our store (sales, classes, questions,
      interesting articles, etc)...not sure yet.

      Anyway, thanks for the great feedback!

      Cathy at FF