Re: 50% off sale at Fashion Fabrics Outlet

  • Kareina Talvi Tytär
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
      Cathy Champion wrote:
      >[snip]
      >
      >A member of your group invited me to join Authentic SCA and
      >requested that I post sales notices to you - I hope this is okay to
      >do and offends no one.
      >[snip]
      >I hope to learn some things from this list so that I can *AMAZE* my
      >customers with my knowledge of period clothing techniques LOL.

      I live no where near your store, yet it delights me to see this particular
      post. Why? Because you made the effort to advertise only things from your
      inventory which will be of *specific* interest to many of the people on the
      list *and* make it clear that you intend to read the list with
      interest. This isn't just a random bulk mailing to strangers. Thank you
      for taking the time to tailor your advertisement. I hope that you enjoy
      reading this list and that you find more here of interest than just the
      textile related discussions.

      --Kareina, who strongly suspects from the tone of your first post that you
      won't abuse the privilege by posting sales too often

    • Cathy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
        Kareina Talvi Tytär <kareina@i...> wrote:

        I hope that you enjoy
        > reading this list and that you find more here of interest than
        just the
        > textile related discussions.
        >
        > --Kareina, who strongly suspects from the tone of your first post
        that you
        > won't abuse the privilege by posting sales too often

        I'm happy to be on this list. I have two ladies who work for me
        who make historical clothing, and one lectures about it, so I am
        very much aware that most fabrics aren't suitable if they
        are "infected" (i.e. 100% natural), as one of them puts it (this
        always delights me when she says this!).

        If I had my way, we would NEVER have sales as it is a lot of work
        for me (I don't have a large staff) and the best fabrics fly out the
        door and I am left with a lot of poly and stretch fabrics to look
        at - but a girl has to keep her job and sales definitely brings the
        customers in!

        Actually, I plan on just posting a link to a sale announcement page
        in the future (after we move the store) so that I don't waste a lot
        of ban space for those not interested. Or maybe a separate yahoo
        group for things pertaining to our store (sales, classes, questions,
        interesting articles, etc)...not sure yet.

        Anyway, thanks for the great feedback!

        Cathy at FF