Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Atlantia's Newest Laurel

  • Willie Walter
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 8, 2006
      --- Marc Carlson <marccarlson20@...> wrote:

      > Oh, was that this week... ? :)

      Nice attempt at playing innocent. ;)

      (Master Diarmaid sent a very nifty letter that was
      placed with Violante's vigil book. I overheard "Wow! A
      letter from *Diarmaid*!" more than once, BTW.)

      > (And well deserved it was too)

      What he said. :)

      Slan,
      Grainne

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Marc Carlson
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2006
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Willie Walter
        <grainneinatlantia@y...> wrote:
        > (Master Diarmaid sent a very nifty letter that was
        > placed with Violante's vigil book. I overheard "Wow! A
        > letter from *Diarmaid*!" more than once, BTW.)

        What's so surprising? I can write ... mostly.

        Marc/Diarmaid
      • Amy Heilveil
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2006
          I think it's more of the, 'he's cool' factor than that you actually put
          paper to pen and did something coherent and intelligible. :)

          Smiles,
          Despina

        • jeffrey.heilveil@ndsu.edu
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2006
            > When they Laurel'd me last year, no one told me in advance, which
            > meant that when the Crown asked me if I wanted to accept it, there was
            > a bit of a dramatic pause...
            >
            > Marc/Diarmaid

            I was put on vigil in a morning court and elevated that evening. It
            was... less than ideal from my point of view. I don't mind having been
            poleaxed with being placed on vigil (which I totally was... the pictures I
            was shown later were amusing), however, I really would have liked to put
            on a show of skill, in keeping with my apprecnticing ceremony. That being
            said, the people who did the food for my vigil did a TERRIFIC job, it's
            just that I didn't get to show that in deed, I *could* cook. While
            putting me on vigil was a "stepping down" gift to the previous monarch,
            the monarchs who elevated me (and were going to put me on vigil as well)
            really hadn't ever sampled my art, which sort of bugged me. Especially
            since I'm one of those Royalist freaks, who feels that Laurels don't make
            Laurels, Monarchs do.

            Bogdan

            Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
            Postdoctoral Fellow
            Department of Biological Sciences
            North Dakota State University
            Stevens Hall
            Fargo, ND 58105
            jeffrey.heilveil@...
          • Willie Walter
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2006
              --- Amy Heilveil <amyheilveil@...> (responding
              to Dairmaid) wrote:

              > I think it's more of the, 'he's cool' factor than
              > that you actually put
              > paper to pen and did something coherent and
              > intelligible. :)

              It was all about the 'he's cool' factor. Those of us
              who've learned much from your web pages have no reason
              to doubt your ability to be coherent and intelligible.
              :-)

              Slan,
              Grainne <--thankful that Despina de la "got" it! ;)

              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              dsl.yahoo.com
            • Michelle -TJ- King
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 10, 2006
                Thank you, all. I will let you know if/when my feet
                ever touch the ground again... ;)

                (And yes, we're working on getting pictures online.
                Oh, of the elevation? I was just thinking of the
                curls... ;)

                Cheers,
                Violante
                http://www.spanishpeacock.com/violante.htm

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
              • wodeford
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 10, 2006
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michelle -TJ- King
                  <dona_violante@y...> wrote:

                  > Thank you, all. I will let you know if/when my feet
                  > ever touch the ground again... ;)

                  Oh, is THAT why they call it elevation? ;->

                  > (And yes, we're working on getting pictures online.
                  > Oh, of the elevation? I was just thinking of the
                  > curls... ;)

                  Congratulations. And I'd just as soon see the curls.

                  Jehanne de Wodeford, Province of the Mists, West
                • Dawn Malmstrom
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 11, 2006
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:
                    > <dona_violante@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thank you, all. I will let you know if/when my feet
                    > > ever touch the ground again... ;)
                    >
                    > Oh, is THAT why they call it elevation? ;->

                    Either that, or that's when they finally pick you back off of the
                    floor (which is usually where you are after being asked if you will
                    join :))

                    Congratulations.

                    Donata
                    West