Reveal your costumes to the world at Am I Period or Not

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      Good evening all,
      Many of the costumers out there will already have heard about Am I Period or
      Not but recently the flow of new photo submissions has slowed to a trickle,
      so for those who have never heard of it or those who have new photos (or
      even new outfits) please consider submitting a photo of your work and enjoy
      the virtual adulation of people all across the globe. Those who have a new
      outfit for 12th night celebrations remember to take a camera with you and
      ask somebody to get your photo.
      If you have a photo of a costume you have made, from any period of history,
      please consider submitting it to Am I Period Or Not (aka AIPON)
      http://au.geocities.com/amiperiodornot/. The 16th century costumers still
      seem to be the most productive set (with more photos submitted than any
      other era), with the 19th century a close second. But there are so many
      other styles out there and it would be fabulous if we could see what
      costumers have been doing in all eras (even ones that never really existed
      like Lord of the Rings)
      Please pass this on to anybody you think would be interested, after all it's
      much quicker and simpler to email a photo to us (see
      http://au.geocities.com/amiperiodornot/photos.htm for submission rules) than
      setting up your own webpage (even if you do have your own webpage you can
      always put photos of your work on AIPON and include a link to your webpage
      for more info).
      If you are unfamiliar with the concept here's a brief summary: People send
      in photos of the historical costumes they've made, the photos are loaded
      onto a website where people can view them, vote on how period accurate they
      are and leave comments. While the original site was for pre 1600 costume
      only The New Am I Period Or Not website covers the fashions of any era you
      like, from the first civilisations to the day before yesterday (plus
      imaginary eras).
      I hope to see a flood of new and interesting photos in response to this
      email.
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole
      Canberra Australia